Autore Topic: CSurvey does not load - puts out an error  (Letto 4655 volte)

Geko

• Mostra profilo
CSurvey does not load - puts out an error
« il: Novembre 24, 2021, 11:02:06 am »
Hi,
Trying to run cSurvey on Windows 10 Home edition. On one computer it runs fine, but only the 32bit version, on another one it does not load in neither32bit nor 64 bit and puts out an error message (please see picture). All files are in one place and accessible, it happens even with "Run as an administrator". Two days of trying to troubleshot this and no result. What could the problem be?

cepe

• Administrator
    • Mostra profilo
Re:CSurvey does not load - puts out an error
« Risposta #1 il: Novembre 24, 2021, 11:23:53 am »
Could you please upload also the details?
I think may be a problem related to Windows version (in your case maybe different Windows 10 update) and the cave_model library that is the only one written in c++ inside cSurvey  :(.

Geko

• Mostra profilo
« Risposta #2 il: Novembre 24, 2021, 12:10:08 pm »
Sure. Both systems are running Windows 10 Home, but slightly different builds.

First machine: Windows 10 Home,  Version 10240, 64 bit
Although the Windows on this machine is 64 bit, only the 32bit version of Csurvey runs, the 64 bit version of cSurvey outputs the same error.

Second machine: Windows 10 Home 1903 (more recent build), 64 bit
cSurvey does not run at all. Both the 32bit and the 64 bit versions of cSurvey output the above error.
« Ultima modifica: Novembre 24, 2021, 12:18:31 pm da Geko »

Geko

• Mostra profilo
« Risposta #3 il: Novembre 24, 2021, 01:57:40 pm »
Just in stalled Windows 1024 version on the second computer as well, hoping it will work. Strangely, it did not - the same error.

Geko

• Mostra profilo
« Risposta #4 il: Novembre 24, 2021, 01:59:37 pm »
Here is the detail view of the error:

cepe

• Administrator
    • Mostra profilo
« Risposta #5 il: Novembre 24, 2021, 03:06:09 pm »
Sorry for the obvious question: in the cSurvey folder, where is not working, cave_model.dll exist?
Meanwhile I do some additional checks..

Geko

• Mostra profilo
« Risposta #6 il: Novembre 24, 2021, 03:39:05 pm »
Yes, of course it exists. :) Everything is there and with "Run as administrator" there should be no permission issues whatsoever. I've also tried putting the cSurvey folder everywhere, but it does not affect anything. The program starts to load and after a second or two the error message suddenly pops out and that's it.

cepe

• Administrator
    • Mostra profilo
« Risposta #7 il: Novembre 24, 2021, 04:44:22 pm »
Try installing this patch:
https://www.microsoft.com/it-it/download/details.aspx?id=48145
cave_model.dll in the online compilation belong only to some few windows library: mscoree (framework...), MSVCP140.dll, VCRUNTIME140.dll and ucrtbase.dll.
The last three may by missing in your system and look at Microsoft download page cause there are 2 package (for 32 or 64 bit) so install both (or the one not working).

NOTE: ucrtbase.dll is a windows managed library so missing dlls could be only *140.dll
« Ultima modifica: Novembre 24, 2021, 04:55:12 pm da cepe »

Geko

• Mostra profilo
« Risposta #8 il: Novembre 24, 2021, 09:11:38 pm »
Amazingly, this works!!  :D Thank you so much! We were debating using your software for our exploration project (we were users of Surex, Compas and Walls for many years). cSurvey is amazing and although the lack of English documentation makes it extremely hard to learn, I seem to be able to grasp the basic functions. Now that we can have it on all machines we will definitely give it a try. Once again, thanks!

cepe

• Administrator
    • Mostra profilo
« Risposta #9 il: Novembre 24, 2021, 09:30:05 pm »
Glad to read this and,  yes, cSurvey has a lack of documentation (even italian's PDFmanual is old) due to the limited time I have available in spare time.
You can try translating the pdf (https://www.csurvey.it/download/csurvey.pdf)...is better then nothing.

Geko

• Mostra profilo
« Risposta #10 il: Novembre 24, 2021, 10:40:38 pm »
Yes, I was thinking of trying to translate this, I will definitely try! This is by far the most well integrated software out there and no doubt it would have been used by everyone, if it was not for the language barrier.

Two other bugs we encountered moved to a different topic. Thanks!

« Ultima modifica: Novembre 25, 2021, 06:57:12 am da Geko »