Autore Topic: Import design from TopoDroid  (Letto 4138 volte)

Razvan Dumbrava

• Mostra profilo
Import design from TopoDroid
« il: Marzo 21, 2020, 12:18:15 pm »
First of all I hope that all of you are good, guys. I see Italy fighting terrible with the virus. Wish you all the best and good health!

This is the situation> I import the data from TopoDroid (for example). When i import also the design (let's say - the plan with drawing from the cave) it is not exactly over the sketch. Is there any way to import the design in place (specifying an origin or something), or am I doing anything wrong? I hope you understand the question...

Razvan

cepe

• Administrator
    • Mostra profilo
Re:Import design from TopoDroid
« Risposta #1 il: Marzo 27, 2020, 04:10:20 pm »
cSurvey try to move the drawing but TopoDroid can not put in the exported file all informations required to do this with the same logic as in a cSurvey generated file (of course, at the first opening).
So, try using 'warping mode', in import form, setting it to 'Basic translation'.
This will disable the standard cSurvey logic but force using a simple translation logic to move drawing.
If, even with this, the drawing is not in the correct place, may be something in your survey I don't have considered so far. Try to post an example so I can test it.

Razvan Dumbrava

• Mostra profilo
« Risposta #2 il: Marzo 30, 2020, 04:57:11 pm »
When I import just design, like *.th2 files I don't see any option to choose. I attach here files - exported *.csx file and plan (design made in the cave) *.th2 file. I also attached the *.th file. The question is if there is any way that the files to be placed in the same origin (the main file and the design).

I open the *.csx (data file) and when I import the *.th2 file the file is not align with the centerline... Can you suggest a solution?

Thank you!
« Ultima modifica: Marzo 30, 2020, 04:59:49 pm da Razvan Dumbrava »

cepe

• Administrator
    • Mostra profilo
« Risposta #3 il: Aprile 03, 2020, 08:53:57 pm »
Sorry...my previous answer was incomplete.
Import, in cSurvey, mean that you want append data from another survey to an existent one or you want to bring to cSurvey data generated from another software.
Topodroid can export survey in csx format that is a cSurvey file (is a special format...see previous answer) so you don't have to import it if is a new survey. You have to import it if you want to append data to another survey.
Topodroid can export survey in csx format in 2 position: in data panel->generate a centerline only file (as the one you attach) or in design->generate a file with full data and the design (the drawing) you launch the export command.
So you don't have to use th/th2 format to bring graphics to cSurvey.
Th2 or, better, design import from therion's file is very raw function without any options to move design or anything other.
At now I don't have managed the new Topodroid's scraps so I don't know if Marco have added it to export.