Autore Topic: Export or print issues / tricks...  (Letto 3814 volte)

Razvan Dumbrava

• Mostra profilo
Export or print issues / tricks...
« il: Gennaio 05, 2020, 08:56:37 pm »
Hello, thank you for all the answers in the other topics...

About exporting image and/or print...

Is it possible to export just a portion of the map at a larger scale? How to set the exact place that I want to export?

For example, how can i export just a branch of the cave at 1:100 scale?

Are they any tips and tricks for exporting final maps?

Thank you!

Razvan

cepe

• Administrator
    • Mostra profilo
Re:Export or print issues / tricks...
« Risposta #1 il: Gennaio 07, 2020, 03:12:23 pm »
Yes. You could define a print/export layout with only one or more cave/branch.
Go on print preview/export preview, right click on default layout (plan or profile), add new layout with a name.
After that click on the button right to "Profile", create a new profile, and check the cave/branch you want to print.
Confirm using this new profile for the newly created layout I, in this layout, I will see only what you have selected centered (this is a standard cSurvey behaviour).
Each layout have is own scale.

Razvan Dumbrava

• Mostra profilo
« Risposta #2 il: Gennaio 07, 2020, 05:33:57 pm »
Thank you... I found also a lot of info in the video courses...
I try to understand, and seems to be good, romanian is close to italian...

I saw some differences between the program in the courses with the new versions...

For example, in the options for print/export layouts there were boxes for information box, compass and scale bar that they are not anymore there in the actual versions of csurvey... You putted them in the other section or eliminate them for now?

Thank you again!

Razvan

cepe

• Administrator
    • Mostra profilo
« Risposta #3 il: Gennaio 07, 2020, 05:49:53 pm »
Yes...this box are now replaced by design objects with same functionality.
Go in design (plan or profile) and see drawing objects add buttons with grayed background in signs level: you will find compass, information box and scale.
But, if you need, in file->property->design you could check 'Allow legacy print and export extra objects' restoring it as in oldest surveys.
Using design object have some advantage:
- you could create this object where do you need (not only in the corners)
- this objects are more flexible even in customization parameters
- this objects (but you could do it also for any objects) are, by default, extra objects so they are not used to center your design in the export area.
And some disadvantage:
- if you want many different scale, compasses or info boxes you need to add it hidding for specific print/export layout (there is a button in object properties to do this)
Some function are the same:
- info boxes have a shared text (the same you find in file->property->information box and stations) even if you add many of this objects. You could change scale, font ecc for each one but changing text of one change text of everyone.

I choose this way cause I have a lot of survey with one print/export layout (1 for plan and 1 for profile) and with this kind of objects in design I could customize better my work.
« Ultima modifica: Gennaio 07, 2020, 05:54:08 pm da cepe »